Thursday, May 15, 2008

The End of the Oclwebthings Challenge: This is #23!

The last posting for Oclwebthings!

The Questions:

What was your favorite thing you learned about? Conversely, what did you like least about Web 2.0? What areas of Web 2.0 do you think the library should get more involved in? What Web 2.0 services have you shared with your friends and family?


Last question first, this is mostly too new for me, but I might try to convince some of the people I know to try Campfirenow. com (see Web 2.0 awards)

I have several favorites: First, Librarything-mostly for the discussion groups and shared libraries. I also learned about RSS feeds, which are keeping this current events fan happy. I consider it important for my job (at the least ) to keep up with a surface knowledge of current events. I really like the concept of tags and how useful they are. Because people think in different ways and might have different descriptors for classifying information . This after all, is one of the Web 2.0 concepts to make the Web work for communities of users.

I didn't have any least favorites, there are some things I learned about that I feel that I don't need personally or professionally, like Flickr or Technorati, but I'm glad to understand a little bit more about what is out there for web users.

I'm not sure what more we can learn about Web 2.0, but if the Oclwebthings have more to share, then I'm willing to learn more.

No comments: