Saturday, May 10, 2008

Web Apps

I signed up for Zoho so that I can get a closer look at its features and was pretty impressed. I'm planning to use Zoho in the future. I love the tags so if I have a project that can be described in different ways, I can use that to help me or others find the document.
On to the question from Webthings:

How would you use the collaborative features of Google Docs or Zoho at your branch for a project? Is there a project currently that you're working on where Google Docs could help or save time?
As of now, I'm not doing the type of collaborations that require a document. I certainly feel that a committee that is working on a project that will be written like a collections list or a research effort will find this very helpful. For one thing, it was very easy to edit the document that was done by webthings in google. A committee or work group can work from anywhere in the system, instead of worrying about bringing along things like memory sticks or being at a computer that has the word document. Also, I didn't notice if Google had it, but Zoho had features that would allow users to communicate as well as work on documents- a feature that would save time as everything will be in one place.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I could use Google Docs for my project. Thanks for the tip! Now we're using Wrike. It's a project management tool. It saves hours. I guess Wrike and Google Docs will work perfectly together as Wrike works nicely with Gmail. Again, thanks for the tip!