Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ListenNJ

I downloaded one of the "Always Available" titles : Catch Me if You Can by Frank W. Abagate, narrated by Barrett Whitener.

Sign up was easy.
I used the PC Plus at my branch, with the assumption that the software (Overdrive) was in there, but it wasn't. I had to start over again after my search and installed it with no problems. I lost my choice but was able to get it right back again. It's a forgiving system, when I realized that it was going to take a long time to download the whole book, I canceled and decided to start over, but I noticed that the first two parts were still there, and that was all I needed to hear at that point. I could have chosen before hand just to pick the first part. Live and Learn! I was able to skip parts and go back with ease. The narrator was clear and understandable.

For searching, I liked the "only show copies that are available" option, since there are limits on how many can go out, this can be a time saver for someone who won't have to waste time finding items they can't use. Another one: I know of patrons who look over the book carts to see what others have checked out, so the "recently returned" search feature would handy for them. I liked the search features in general and think that most users can use them easily.

No comments: