Saturday, May 10, 2008

Youtube

I have used YouTube mostly for things like the trailer for The Fall (see below for the link) and things I saw in the newspaper or news reports "Cute Knut" for one. The Fall has a TV ad out now that I found interesting enough to try and find out more about the movie, so I am using YouTube as a tool to find out more, but I'll need other sources like a printed review before I decide whether or not to see this movie

Problems: I know that Youtube is still fighting Viacom (which they allude to in their history video). So, I'm not sure if it's OK to be viewing a big chunk of copyrighted material without the owners permission- and there are all kinds of TV shows both American and foreign showing up. I've seen it mentioned online that these are taken down when Youtube catches them, but then go back up again anyway! However, imo a few minutes here and there is fair use and can be great publicity to boot.

P.S. I've read recently that Knut is starting to be considered a has-been. . . how fleeting YouTube fame can be!

The Cute Knut:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=zZLKb_5S21E


The Fall:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQt0QjWHUjY

No comments: