Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Technorati

I looked around Technorati over several days before I posted and got different results for "Learning 2.0" today I got videos that looked like they would be useful and one blog. The top two in the list had nothing to do with what I was looking for. The other day, there was nothing in the top 5 or so that I thought I could use. Maybe it was the caps or lack of caps?
I went into the popular listings and didn't see many surprises, considering the type of user that I think would use Technorati-there was a lot of Internet related links there.
Then I did a search related to a reference question I did recently on the Pine Barrens. The top two were about a murder case, I found a wild ride Jeep video that was fun, but useless for my purposes. And a review of F. Paul Wilson's new book.
This could be used as a tool, but I think it can be time consuming- it looks to me that the latest blogs were on the top of the list. If I were doing serious research I might worry about the accuracy of the information, unless the blog was written and/or part of a website that is edited and the research can be verified in some way.

No comments: